Ingredients:
1 empty house (save for a couch, a TV, and a WiiU)
6 or 7 empty bottles of soda, etc.
1 guitar
At least one person who plays guitar (preferably with a knowledge of American Idiot)
12 people you love
Steps:
1. Go to the empty house that 7 of your closest friends just purchased. Find yourself acutely aware that the school year is almost over, and you're going home soon. Be mildly jealous that this is probably the coolest house in the world, mainly because it's filled with amazing people.
2. Definitely don't find yourself mildly inebriated. Absolutely not. Never in a million years, ever, in the history of the earth ever. Don't. Drink soda. Allow yourself to relax and connect with all of the people there.
3. Combine 1 guitar with several people who play guitar. Have them play songs from American Idiot. Go into a room with great acoustics and turn off the lights.
4. Have the 12 people you love sing along. Make it a mixture of laughing along to the songs that you don't know all the words to with a pinch of slower songs. This is where you almost cry.
Notes:
Sometimes singalongs are cheesy, but sometimes cheesy is good. For me, cheesy things have always made me happy. Even if our voices were off key and we didn't alwys know the words, we went along with it smiling and laughing at our own poor knowledge of lyrics. That's friendship. That's not knowing what the hell is going on but trucking on anyway because you're together. That's understanding. That's love.
I don't think I can really put into words the love I felt last night. I have the most wonderful group of friends and I am truly grateful.
No comments:
Post a Comment